In present economic scenario PAN Card has become a very important document. Without PAN one can;t do any banking transaction as well as any financial transaction and in coming days PAN card and Aadhar Card will become main documents for your survival in this electronics yug. If one does not have these both documents , he will not get any government authorized social economical benefits like subsidies or banking services etc. If one don't have PAN card then bank will not permit him to do any financial transactions beyond Rs. 50000/-. When PAN was started people have not given that much importance as they think that obtaining PAN card means compulsory payment of income tax but slowly but gradually we come to know the importance of PAN card and now it become one of the main identity proof document. PAN Card is a unique 10 digit numbers and all its numbers have it own meaning. First five characters are letters, next four characters are number and last character is letter.
when it was started, it was little difficult to obtain PAN card as PAN card was issued by Income Tax Department so we need to give it to some agent who charge lots of money for getting your PAN Card issued but now Income tax department has outsources this service to UTI and NSDL and these two institutions are helping IT department for timely issuance of PAN Card. Now obtaining PAN Card is not difficult as it can be obtained through online. following steps need to be follow for obtaining PAN Card online.:
- Visit official website of Income Tax department
- And click the tag PAN and dig down and select NSDL or UTITSL
- A new page will open just click on "New PAN for India Citizen (form No49)
- An another new window will open just click on "Online Application for New PAN(form49). It is advised to read the Do's and Don;t for New PAN Application and Importance instruction and guideline before filling PAN form.
- On clicking at link " Online Application and main form (Form 49)will open which has detail guideline with sample regarding How to fill up the PAN form. Please go through read and follow the sample guideline as given and at the end on the form, there will a drop down box click on drop down box and select " Personal" for an Individual PAN card
- Fill up all the details as show in instructions and make the payment of Rs. 96/ as a processing fee for obtaining PAN card. The payment for PAN Card can be made through
- Debit Card/Credit Card or through Net Banking and even through demand draft. Once you have made payment then get the duly filled form printed and paste your recent photo on it and singed it and dully filled form along with attested copy of document which have mentioned in while filling the form should be send it to
Income Tax PAN Services Unit,
National Securities Depository Limited,
3rd floor, Sapphire Chambers,
Near Baner Telephone Exchange,
Baner, Pune - 411045'.
- On receiving your application NSDL will check your documents and if found every things in order then the NSDL will sent your application to Income Tax department for issuing of PAN card. the status of your PAN Card application can be monitored from Income tax official site and on issuance of your PAN number they will send you a SMS confirmation by quoting your newly issued PAN and all this your PAN Card will be sent your given address.