How to file a complain against Police officers? Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli.

        The Administration of Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli after obtaining permission from GOI  Ministry of Home Affairs, has  vide notification No. 1/95/Home/2011-12/418 dated 10 Aug 2011 established a Police Complaint Authority for UT of Daman & Diu and  Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
       The authority  will inquire  into allegation of serious misconduct against police personnel on following account either suo moto or on complaints:
  • Custodial death
  • Grievous hurt, as define in section 320 of the penal Code
  • Rape or attempt to rape
  • Arrest or detention without due process of law
  • Extortion
  • Land/House grabbing
  • Any incident involving serious abuse of authority: provided that the authority shall inquire into complain of such arrest or detention, only if it is satisfied prima-facie about the veracity of complaint
  • The authority may also inquire into an other case referred to it by the Administrator/ Central Government.
Therefore if any one having any complaint regarding misdeed and unnecessary harassment by Police can approach the police Complaint Authority of following address;

 Police Complaint Authority
Secretariate, 2nd Floor,
Village Amli
Email Address: pca.dd.dnh@gmail.com
Telephone Number: 0260-2630028