Booking of train e tickets has become very simple and convenient now. Just follow the simple steps and you are ready to travel.
- Log on to www.irctc.co.in
- Create your user ID and password by registering in the website. (First Time Only)
- Enter travel and passenger details in simple steps.
- Pay on line. We have the widest range of payment options on any site:
- Credit Cards : - We accept Visa, Master, Amex and Diners
- Debit Cards : - (42 major cards)
- Net Banking : - (19 major banks)
- Cash Cards : - (ITZ Cash Card, Done Cash Card, I-Cash Card, Oxicash Card)
- Take a print out of your ticket or Save Paper by carrying just a screen shot of the e-ticket which you can display in your laptop, tabs or mobile phones.
- Carry your proof of identity during the journey. ((Voter Identity Card / Passport / PAN Card / Driving License / Photo ID card issued by Central / State Govt /Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School or College for their students /Nationalized Bank Passbook with photograph /Credit Cards issued by Banks with laminated photograph)
Book Your E-Tickets through Authorized Agent Outlet
- IRCTC has a network of about 1,50,000 authorized agent outlets across the country for the convenience of its customers.
- Details of authorized agent outlets are available on the IRCTC website www.irctc.co.in. You can check the list of agent outlets of your area by entering your area Postal PIN Code.
- While visiting an IRCTC agent make sure that: -
- You visit a genuine IRCTC authorized agent outlet - IRCTC authorization letter should be prominently displayed.
- Demand for a requisition form to fill up the details and always ask for a receipt for all your bookings / cancellations.
- Check that the service charges levied by IRCTC are displayed. If not, you may ask for the same.
While Collecting Your E-ticket, Please Check: -
- Check whether you mobile number is printed on the e-ticket. Mobile number is mandatory for all passengers. All agents are required to enter the passengers mobile number.
- Soon after booking the e-ticket, you will receive a SMS from IRCTC on this number with details of your bookings including the fare and service charge. Cross check your e-ticket charges with the SMS received from IRCTC.
- Services Charges per e-ticket (Charges are per ticket irrespective of number of passengers on the ticket)
IRCTC Service Charges
Agent Service Charges
AC I, II and III
- There are no additional charges for printing of tickets or stationery charges.
- If the agent demands more than the prescribed service charge, you may lodge a complaint in the e-mail ids of email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 011-39340000.
- All e-tickets should have the name of the agent outlet booking the ticket along with address, contact number and name of the Principal Agent.
- E-tickets can be cancelled through the same agent outlet without any additional service charges for cancellation.
Never Buy Tatkal E-tickets from Agents between 1000 AM To 1200 PM
- The Tatkal tickets are made available to the passengers through the IRCTC website www.irctc.co.in and the railway reservation counter on first come first serve basis.
- Between 12:00AM To 01:00PM, the website is open exclusively for individual users who wish to buy Tatkal e-tickets on line as the agents are barred from booking Tatkal tickets during that time.
- If it is found that you are traveling with Tatkal tickets booked by agents between 12:00AM to 0100PM, your ticket is liable to be cancelled.
Never Book Tickets With Fictitious Names
If you are found travelling with tickets under fictitious names, your e-ticket is liable to be cancelled by the Railway Administration and penal action may be initiated.
Cancellation Process: -
Before Train Chart Preparation:
- E-Tickets can be cancelled on Internet till Chart preparation of the train.
- Log on to www.irctc.co.in and go to "Booked Tickets" link and select the ticket to be cancelled and can initiate the cancellation by selecting the passengers to be cancelled.
Cancellation of e-Tickets after the preparation of Reservation charts:
- After chart preparation, users have to file the online Ticket Deposit Receipt (TDR) and track Status of the refund case through tracking service provided by IRCTC. Refund is credited to Customers Bank account after receipt from Railways.
Refund of Wait Listed Tickets: -
The ticket in which on one PNR, all the passengers are on waitlist, PNRs are dropped from the reservation charts and money is refunded in respective bank account electronically
New proposed Rule for Tatkal train ticket booking.
As per the press release issued by railway, to curve the tout menace, the India railway has decide to step to make the tatkal ticket reservation more transparent and tout free for that they are going to implement some strict guideline in coming time.
- · Now Tatkal ticket can be booked only 24 hours ahead of journey instead of 24 hours.
- Even for booking tatkal ticket identity proof is required and the serial number of identity proof will be mentioned on the ticket.
- Only ticket for four persons can be booked in one PNR insted of 6 persons.
- No refund will be paid on cancellation of Tatkal ticket
- · On lost of tatkal ticket, duplicate ticket will not be provided.
- · Agents will not be able to book. tatkal ticket between 1200 hrs to 1300hrs
- · One agent can only booked one tatkal ticket in a day.
- Now it is mandatory for all the passenger who have reservation whether it is tatkal or normal has to carry a identity card with him.
Some of the above quoted information have be provided by IRCTC in connection with passenger awareness week, “Jago Yatri Jago”